 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 1821 – 1840 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) OK, so _everything_ has no copywrite? Is this what you are trying to tell me? That, because I only took something physical, and put it into a new arrangement, like these Electrons in the computer, that I don't hold any rights to exploit my (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.600)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

Hugely snipped... (...) Precisely. And what the lord(1) giveth, the lord taketh away. That's my point. The US is (theoretically(2)) constrained in what rights it can usurp because the US is founded on the principle that rights come from the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.600)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) Provide a cite please. That is, show how your set of rights are *harder to change* than ours, not that they currently give you more or less freedom. (1) That's the point I'm making, which you missed. 1 - they give you less, regardless of what (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.599)

  Re: Polyamory

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G5pyGI.Dss@lugnet.com... (...) my (...) usage. Well, there was that time you were curious about my doctortate. (...) fiat (...) Not my point Larry. However, you are still wrong. Much (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.599)

  Re: Polyamory

Plowed ground alert. (...) For now. Subject to whim reversal, of course, since you have no mandated and irrevocable protections of your rights (neither do we, but ours are a bit harder to water down since they are in the Constitution, and the ones (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.599)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) You say "government" like it were an entity which just appeared after some sort of a coup. Here in the UK, the government exists "create an open and inclusive society, where rights are balanced with responsibilities, and where every citizen (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.599)

  Re: Polyamory

Scott: (...) You really are a bit dense sometimes, Scott... Quoting myself in the *very paragraph* you're supposedly "responding" to.. (...) Is that so hard to understand? In shorter sentences: Public (government funded) no. Private yes. Like I've (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.599)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) You have never done it for me in the past, so "again" is an incorrect usage. The US has a constitution, which trumps individual laws. Laws have to theoretically be voted on separately, not just put in place by ministers subject to votes of (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.598)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) OK Larry. I'll play your game again. Let's revist this message: (URL) this text: =+= The point I was making about rights concerned political freedoms. For example - here in the UK one could always choose to be, say, a communist. Can you say (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.598)

  Re: Uselessness of ".debate" between Scott and Larry

(...) Thirded "The partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers of his own assertions." Scott A (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.598)

  Re: Uselessness of .debate

(...) I think this is a specific instance of a more general principle, one we've stumbled over repeatedly on vastly different topics. A says "I tolerate/enjoy X" B says "I don't tolerate/enjoy X" So far so good. As long as X doesn't intrude on B, B (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

rights
(score: 1.598)

  Announcement - Religion Useful? Debate...

Since there's no announcement group... If anyone watches this, I'd like their opinion. It would appear to be inline with a few of the debates here... ------- C-SPAN will re-broadcast the Keyes/Dershowitz debate from Franklin & Marshall College, (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.598)

  Re: Family values?

Note the one father did NOT want to disconnect from the child, he simply wanted the biological father to rightly shoulder the financial burden. That being said, I DO agree with something else in the article - if the "fathers" DO get out of support, (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.595)

  Re: Family values?

(...) And what's much worse in this case is that one poor fellow is being forced to shoulder the responsibility for a child that is not his- and that the same courts give him no rights to see or have a hand in raising. That makes absolutely no sense (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.595)

  Re: Family values?

(...) It's kind of like being convicted of manslaughter and given 18 in prison, and upon being found not guilty, still having to serve the term. The woman is not punished for fraud. The real father does not carry the burden of his actions. AND the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.595)

  Re: Family values?

(...) Again, the spirit of the law versus the mere letter. Were we discussing his obligation to his wife's bad credit in some wierd scenario of marriage under false pretenses, for example, then she's up the proverbial creek without a paddle. But if (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.595)

  Re: Family values?

(...) This statement.... (...) And this statement... Conflict. So you're saying the NON-biological father SHOULD support the child, strictly from a legal marriage contract (that generally assumes fidelity), he should support them because he's been (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.595)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) Nowhere within either the BNA act, or the Canadian Constitution (1982), is there a mention of the right to bear arms. Therefore, you _do not_ have a right to own them within Canada. You have whatever rights the majority of the people of (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.595)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) _I_ think you are full of the same stuff that farmers spread over fields, if they own cows. :) :). At least, as far as this issue goes. Will this register do anything to stop criminal activity? Yes, it will. Will it do what $300 million worth (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.595)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

I've held out of this one but must reiterate these points. (...) There are two main threads when arguing in favor of gun ownership. Tim is going down one thread: that there are legitimate reasons for owning guns besides the one for which they are (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.594)

More:  Next Page >>