 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 1461 – 1480 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) Last time I checked Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. They're not allowed to pass laws to prevent religious zealots from flavoring the law with their religious (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: Due Process

Lindsay, (...) Yes, indeed! I am at AEI right now, working on a funky Auburn Hills public Safety building, it looks like a house, divided up into a police and fire station, on a 120 degree angle! (...) Hmmm... there are many...100 or so, ah here it (...) (25 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Holy crap! (was Re: The partisian trap in California)

snip (...) The first phrase of the first amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,..." (...) I consider myself a Christian and I am sick of hearing this nonsense. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) being (...) I mean, why does the difference between being fully animal and being merely animal have anything to do with who should be able to victimize whom? (...) I think that murder "is an unfortuante part of the reality of this world" too. (...) (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: Gulf of understanding is mutual

(...) I think my point has always been that when you put a piece of paper, or a book, say, off the top of my head--the Bible, or any other piece of literature (good or otherwise) above what's good for you or your fellow person on this planet, then (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

In lugnet.mediawatch, John Neal writes: <snip> I'm having a hard time reconciling "Jason Rowoldt" and "merely another slimeball" as phrases that belong in the same *post*, frankly. Jason has done a great deal of good for the hobby with his efforts, (...) (23 years ago, 21-Dec-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  A Measured Response (was re: LP statement on terrorist attacks)

Hey: I'll give the LP statement this much (and beyond this I just don't care what else they said) -- it suggests a course of action that is a hell of a lot more reasonable than what many here have been offering up of late. It suggests we make a very (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: Debunk this?

(...) In my delight that you admitted that the PA censors without needing to be prodded as much as usual, I forgot to follow up on the rest of the article... you focused on the censorship of the press part and admitted that it is true, although you (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: LP POINT 1

(...) You are, off course, assuming a linear scale. I'd view it as logarithmic. (...) One of the big criticisms of the LP argument is that they harp on too much about the evils of "Big Government", without tempering that sentiment with a reflection (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Here we go again

Matt, I found an exmple of a functioning theocracy for you. The following story appeared on cnn.com recently. Keep in mind that these people are only trying to enforce a simple moral code, not regualting morality or anything: Afghan police crack (...) (26 years ago, 30-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: The partisian trap in California

(...) You can link until the cows come home, but it really proves nothing. Nada. The best you can hope for is that Bush believed intelligence that suggested that WMD still existed (assuming that they indeed don't) and he was wrong. Nobody can prove (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: Conflict in the Middle East

(...) I agree that desperation is an aspect of the Palestinian mindset, however, I really feel that the core of the Palestinian resistance is not acting out of desperation. It is acting out of pure desire for power, based on a power structure which (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: The skinny on Jenin, the European Press

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:GwzKCL.HHp@lugnet.com... (...) OK, so you can’t back your allegation. (...) No, but I can’t tell the difference between non-terrorist “united-statesman” and a terrorist one either. Do you think everyone (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf?

Hello! (...) Yes. Those people think Nazi symbols and uniforms are cool because of the background, not because of their sheer look. And who thinks things with that background are "cool" is an idiot. That's what I think. I don't deny the fascination (...) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

(...) Wait a moment here...with the logic you're advocating you claim: Parents shouldn't drag their children into situations they may not be competent to decide for themselves. With such logic, you can also bring this argument to say that kids (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) It's funny you posted that here, because I thought about doing the same thing. I was more interested in the article as to what exactly is the government doing this time than actual mormon bashing. Seeing as how the /. "community" has been (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"

(...) This is changing. Businesses want people who know how to work together, cooperate, and communicate. While a high grade student probably won't have trouble getting a job, an average student from one school is more likely to be passed over for a (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: A question of remembrance...

(...) Well, see? Here is my point: acting defensively is totally ethical from my viewpoint. And that takes me fighting right up to the border -- my line in the sand. Once my would-be conquerors are on the other side of that line I just don't care (...) (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) ...Or that I maintain an open mind, even when I am already fairly convinced of my viewpoint. Are you so arrogant that you believe it is possible for a human being to achieve total, certain understanding of these issues? (...) Listen to (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

  Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea

(...) I'm curious as to how you think the BT is worthwhile to a Christian by showing that what they believe in is silly (I can see why is it useful to *you*-- a "creative" expression of your rejection of your perceived silliness of Christianity, and (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.012)

More:  Next Page >>