 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 1021 – 1040 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Taxes from Lego auctions?

David Eaton wrote in message ... (...) not be (...) in (...) 5 to (...) line (...) independantly. (...) (as (...) to (...) don't (...) "should" (...) they (...) While I agree to a point with you, I also agree to a point with Chris. I don't think (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) It is time that all of the world's tinpot leaders get the message that supporting terrorism and terrorists will lead to their ruin. (...) That may have been good advice 200 years ago, but the world is a smaller place today. There is no more (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: 6776... Is this True?

(...) Yes, but Union vs. Indians has a clear adverserial implication. It might not offend you or I, but how would a Native American kid feel about it? (...) But that is very simplified history. Our country should absolutely be appalled at the crimes (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Elian Gonzales

(...) The legal rulings do get confusing, don't they? My understanding is that the ruling to hand over the child was valid and no temporary restraining order was in effect (or perhaps in effect by a sufficiently high enough court). (...) Now Larry, (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) Hmmmm. If that _is_ what he is saying, I would tend to agree. But I personally would tend to place strict libertarianism as quite close to anarchy on that scale (strict libertarianism, after all, is just anarchy with "something" (not the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Vote against/for...

(...) Have you never read the bible John? Was Goliath not MIGHTIER than David? It all depends on how you measure "might". Ghandi demonstrated where the real power lies. He was stronger than the then British Empire. (...) Let me guess, the USA is (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: What the Confederate flag stands for. (was Re: Just wh...)

(...) Good for Lee. And his biggest claim to fame thereafter was having an orange car with welded doors named after him. As of March 21, 1861, Confederated Vice President Alexander Stephens obviously thought that slavery was a key issue in the war, (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page

(...) While I do agree that prisoners should be put to work, the Bill of Rights also has a statement about cruel and unusual punishments. Also, overly mindless work is likely to result in more problems in prison. I say give them less desireable, yet (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: What has happened to .space?

(...) Nobody "stole" the name of your spacecraft since you do not hold exclusive rights to the name "Galaxy Enforcer" It's especially silly for you to claim ownership of this name, because you admitted that it's a name for a spaceship you haven't (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

This thread seems to have engendered a lot of discussion. Not all of it is for the long term good of the community, I fear, which is regrettable. I'm hopeful that this post might slow some of it down. I have asked Dan privately to be reinstated. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.off-topic.debate) !!

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: The *real* Phantom Menace and the fall of the republic

(...) You mean over the past hundred years? It seems to me that today is the natural evolution of a hundred years of incrementally giving up the American way. (...) Yeah. From my informal discussion over the past two months, most people don't really (...) (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) Well, BYU is a private school. But like any big school they get all kinds of financial kickbacks from the state and the city of Provo, as well as outright funding. So while they don't have the force of law behind them, they do have the force (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Is this sexism?

(...) Yes, I know what you mean but I am forced to maintain that in the basic biological sense all living beings have the natural right of reproduction, whether they are fit as a fiddle or severely genetically abnormal or diseased. BUT here's the (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Medical Marijuana

(...) I'll buy that, at least about certain issues. It seems to me that some states would immediately erode civil rights if given the chance and not prevented by the Fed from doing so. Yes, we always have privacy and search-and-seizure issues (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

Hello Chris, (...) And you really feel more private then? They will even be able to know which types of products you buy. Theoretically. (...) Maybe it's different in the US, but here not everyone HAS a driver's license. I don't see much difference (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Somethings been bothering me...

(moreso than usual...) From (URL) court rulings last week about the rights of prisoners held in the U.S. "war on terrorism" represent a rebuke to the Bush administration's legal tactics following the September 11 attacks, analysts and human rights (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: National vote on handguns?

The point I would like you to grasp, Larry, is that laws and rights about handguns and automatic weapons are currently controlled, for the most part, by the lobbyists and politicians in Washington D.C., not by the Joes and Janes in Anytown, U.S.A. (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Conflict in the Middle East

(...) Well, actually I reject the notion that desperation is not a factor in N.I. Peace is one issue, freedom is another. I am not sure I can condone a state of peace maintained at the expense of freedom and self-rule -- is one expected to be happy (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

<37477ECE.755D6E19@uswest.net> <3747E4F5.FE5BE1F6@voyager.net> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; x-mac-type="54455854"; x-mac-creator="4D4F5353" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit (...) Not at all. I am tolerant, that is my point. I just get (...) (25 years ago, 23-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  America need not apologize

As NPR has said over and over again, Saddam's dictatorship was achieved through America's backing (against Iran). It is then our obligation to undo this mistake. How the peaceniks lambast us for both acts is a blatant contradiction. In fact it only (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate) !

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

More:  Next Page >>