 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 1001 – 1020 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) Yes, I posted some things in a sarcastic tone. That doesn't mean I wasn't serious. But the fact that you weren't amused underlines the point that we disagree at an extremely basic level. So discussing the question of rights makes a lot of (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Holding Hands with Satan

Global Exchange * CorpWatch * Public Citizen June 5, 2003 New Report Exposes Contractor Bechtel as Threat to Iraqi Environment, Human Rights and Basic Services U.S. Taxpayers Blindly Funding Post-War Corporate Profiteering and Cronyism, Public (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) Thank you for that clarification. I meant that I choose lines that I believe are absolutely drawn out. My point was that I am not the only one who adheres to drawn lines. We all do. (...) Eh, when the perspective is from the Creator of the (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: New Web Page

Christopher L. Weeks wrote in message <373C485D.E0DE68AA@c...ri.edu>... (...) Probably so, but less traumatic than being shot or worse, killed. Thats the how I feel about it - I don't want to be killed or even shot. Anyone want to argue with that? (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: 22/7 & infinities (was: Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil?)

(...) No prob. The point deviated slowly, I think, but basically it's just migrated. The point was morality underlying consequences, but that's moved elsewhere in the message. (...) Well, the actual question is more about who you would rather be... (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: The skinny on Jenin, the European Press

(...) John, You really are a worry. I wish I could just dismiss all the news I dislike as being part of some sort of conspiracy. Life would be so much easier! The facts were: 1. Heavy gunfire coming form Jenin 2. Israel, a nation with an appalling (...) (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Why the founding fathers limited government scope (was Re: Rolling Blackouts

(...) many cases, not all cases. So no, what you think I said isn't right. (...) Sometimes they are. Steve Jackson Games won a suit against the government I believe... The upside of small corporations is that it's possible to win against them. The (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Vegetarianism etc. (was: Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)

(...) Why not do away witht the old testament then - as part of scripture, only - obviously it would retain historical value. (...) Uh...no. I misread and now feel foolish. :-) (Actually, yeah...yeah...that's the ticket, you can catch him at the (...) (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Vegetarianism etc. (was: Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)

(...) Why not do away witht the old testament then - as part of scripture, only - obviously it would retain historical value. (...) Uh...no. I misread and now feel foolish. :-) (Actually, yeah...yeah...that's the ticket, you can catch him at the (...) (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: From Harry Browne

(...) Meaningful way? It sounds like you're defining something other than life. Evidence includes the fact that carrots are alive and never have brain function. (...) I don't get the whole life befins argument. Isn't it obvious that life never (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: JLUG - The Forum that WAS.

Phew! Finally got my posting rights back. I've been with JLUG since a few days after it was made and even today it's the one place that made me feel at home on the internet. I remarked to CM Janey the day it was announced here on lugnet that I felt (...) (17 years ago, 21-Jun-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Just Teasing, I Have No Intention of Debating Any of This...

(...) In the interest of furthering my understanding, are you talking about the same time period in which civil rights were non-existent, Presidents could serve an unlimited number of terms, the securities industry was wholly (and tragically) (...) (22 years ago, 24-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Condy is some kind of gun nut or something.

(...) "to defended" Way to proofread, YahooNews. The least they could have done was throw a (sic) in there. Leaving aside your utterly outrageous and scandalous suggestion that the local authorities might not have been entirely trustworthy, I have (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: A Brave New World

(...) You are sure of this...why? (...) kicked (...) Animls don't have more rights than people. However, people are just beginning to take our role as stewards of this planet seriously. It would have been better if they could have identified the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Debunk this?

(...) I want to apologise for "lumping you in with that chump Scott Arthur"(1) when it comes to debating, that wasn't my intent by naming the two of you at the start of the thread. It's just that you two are the "usual suspects" when it comes to (...) (23 years ago, 22-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) If security is a good, then the right to live has very little value as well. (...) It seems to be more in Europe than in the US. (...) That was too quick a victory for you to let it go ;-) First, I already have said that I see no way to (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: red light cameras CAUSE accidents

(...) I have a SEVERE issue with this statement. If someone borrows your car (with your blessing) and commits a crime with it, how could you possibly say it is the car owner's fault? Unless the owner is sitting next to the driver when the crime was (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Reagan... not exactly libertarian, but close

(...) if (...) say (...) on (...) think (...) that's (...) What I meant is that I was talking about abortion, and I didn't feel like going over this again, because I think we discussed this before. (...) Well, it is war, and killing is involved. (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Semantically, there's no necessary connection. But around 1800 or so, with the rise of scientific racism, the two became linked. It started out as a way for otherwise decent human beings to "justify" the moral rectitude of slavery (and later, (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Compare & Contrast

You decide whom to trust on the "war on terror". Bush today: "This is a time for all of us to unite in the defence of liberty, and to step up to the shared duties of free nations." Amnesty International this week: "In the name of security, politics (...) (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

More:  Next Page >>