 Off-Topic / Debate / 5954
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 13:11:11 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Again, Zurich is anomalous, it's very dense and it's socialized but (in
response to Dave S.) I indeed was able to go shopping using the tram. I hit 4
toy shops that were all over the city in a matter of 90 minutes, it took me
about 9 different tram/bus rides and i never had to wait for a tram or byus
more than 5 minutes at any transfer or stop. I estimate that even if I knew
where I was going, driving myself would have taken at least 2 - 3 hours in the
traffic. And on the tram I could sit down, look at the map and plan my next
transfer or two instead of worrying about rearending the guy in front of me
while I looked for street signs.

I used to do a Christmastime shopping spree in Boston using the T. I
would walk down to a bus station from my mom's house (a 5 minute walk),
and then hit a bunch of stores all over Boston (and one out in Malden).
My spree was not as efficient as 22 minutes per store, but then I
probably spent an average of 20 minutes or more in each store. Of course
everything was convenient to the high volume lines (mostly subway, but a
couple buses).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com