 Off-Topic / Debate / 5979
Re: Mass transit (nee Age) Limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 06:53:40 GMT

it's not practical to both hold a job and take care of kids or
take care of housework.

Hit fire too soon, forgot to say "and that sucks, by the way... blue laws have
the unintended consequence of keeping women unliberated..." although maybe it's
NOT unintended...

Laws are passed mostly by old men, after all, and if keeping housewives at home
means that only young girls who still live with their parents can be
secretaries, maybe that's not a bad thing from an old man's viewpoint. I know
*I* certainly enjoy the view here, it's summertime and everyone dresses
amazingly racily by US standards. Doesn't make it right, though.

++Lar