 Off-Topic / Debate / 3844
Re: True Right Wing Fascists
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 16:37:15 GMT

Scott:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
I think it is funny, though, that extremists that are portrayed in the
media and other avenues of life seem to be right wing, and those
extremists on the left (Including *some* environmentalists, animal
rights, etc. are seen as caring, or deeply committed.) I have never
heard, in any of the standard media, environmentalists being called
extremists. It is a bias, that is uncalled for.

True enough--I hadn't thought of that before.  I've heard environmentalists
referred to as "radical" or "fringe" before, but those words seem somehow to
have a different resonance...

  Dave!

I've heard and read "Environmental Extremists" plenty of times, if only because
it alliterates.  Radical, fringe, zealot, and fanatic all carry perjorative
images in any case.

Bruce