 Off-Topic / Debate / 3836
Re: True Right Wing Fascists
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 13:41:25 GMT

Christopher Weeks wrote:

Since I guess this is partly my fault...

"Scott E. Sanburn" wrote:

[snip]
Now, I have no trouble calling these [nazis] religious fascists.

Is it not a matter of scale?  If I believed that you and they were both
fascist-like but you were less so wouldn't I be as justified as you are
by believing that they are at all?  (Just to be totally clear, that's
not what I think, this is a hypothetical.)

Hmmm... I think religious views and where you stand politically are two
different things. The people in the program. They used their own
religion (Aryan church, if I remember right) to spread their fascist
statements / racist. etc. I am not sure what you are getting at here,
it's been a long couple of days...

Then, as usual in the media,
they try to tie people dissatisfied with the government with these fruit
loops. I get tired of this link.

Me too.

Hey, we agree on something! :) ( I take what I can get, it seems rarer
now in the last couple of months here )

I would call myself a right-wing religious conservative
more than anything. However, having said that, I don't want the
government enforcing my religious convictions on other people.

OK, now I know for sure...you are _not_ a whacked out religious fascist.
I think that this is the key to fitting or not fitting in that label.

I know some in the right wing do want that. I don't think its proper.
There are lots of things that I think you can look to religion on in
terms of responsibility that are good, but not from a specific religion,
or the government adopting that religion.

I'm just posting this for clarity.

Clarity is always good, especially for me!

Scott S.