 Off-Topic / Debate / 3783
Re: True Right Wing Fascists
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 15:26:02 GMT

Isn't "Right Wing Fascist" redundant?

--
Mark Rendle
rendle99@hotmail.com
"Scott E. Sanburn" <ssanburn@cleanweb.net> wrote in message
news:388476A5.EE261F12@cleanweb.net...
To All,

There has been a lot of what I would call name calling, I admit I am
guilty of it as well, and a few posts of this really got to me,
especially the right wing religious fascists. Last night, on the History
channel, they had a program about the American Nazi Party (I don't know
if this qualifies as automatically getting kicked out of debate or not,
but it was interesting). I knew there were some pockets of it in various
places, but it was really bad. I can't believe that there are people
that are that ignorant or whatever.

Now, I have no trouble calling these religious fascists. they even had a
church with a pastor that was totally distorting the Christian message.
It was disturbing to me to a great extent. Then, as usual in the media,
they try to tie people dissatisfied with the government with these fruit
loops. I get tired of this link. Although we here disagree with a lot of
issues, I really think we need to examine what really distinguishes the
ideas and issues from the facts.

Since I have taken that political poll a few weeks ago, and I checked
out the Libertarian platforms, I am really not far off from that line of
thinking. There a few points I have taken issue with them, but nothing
major. I think the true platform of being a conservative is not to far
off from the Libertarian philosophy. It is different from the Republican
Party, however. I would call myself a right-wing religious conservative
more than anything. However, having said that, I don't want the
government enforcing my religious convictions on other people. The
principles of being a Christian, however, do coincide to what I think
people need to do in a society (I.E. be responsible, help others, etc.)
Government's role, in my view, does not and cannot force people to do
things like follow a religion. There are some people in the religious
right that want to do that, but I am not one of them. Actually, I think
in most ways, Liberatopia would actually enhance most moral positions.

I really think the biggest threat to the US is the lack of
responsibility. This covers multitudes of issues, but the underlying
fact of many of them is that when no one is responsible for their
actions, and expects others to bail them out, we are in serious trouble.

I guess that program last night really disturbed me. It makes me
tremendously sad and upset that people are still like that, and also
that people try to link me with this kind of idiotic malcontents.

Scott S.