 Off-Topic / Debate / 2923
Re: Adventurer Maps
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 03:28:04 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jasper Janssen writes:
On Tue, 21 Dec 1999 16:14:35 GMT, "Jeff Stembel" <Dragonelf1@aol.com>
What about the theory that the blocks are a type of cement?  That they were
poured into place?  I don't remember who put forth that theory, but it was on
one of the (numerous) shows about the pyramids.

I don't believe it. Sandstone doesn't form naturally that easily, it
needs a lot of pressure. Besides, that would mean that they were
poured _nearly into place, and then they removed the pouring case from
under it - if they had poured it, they'd have poured the one block
right on top of the other, giving a much stronger structure.

I saw a website that had theorized they used water - essentially making an
artifical lake, and building a pyramid in it (very simplified), which seemed
more feasable than many theories I've heard.

<plays the URL hunt game>.. Here: http://www.thepump.org/

Neat stuff.  Not being a mech eng, I have no idea if they're on track or on
crack, but it sounds good to the layman in me. :)

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/