 Off-Topic / Debate / 2924
Re: Panaka is yellow?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 16:16:33 GMT

Parallax wrote:

Indeed, this would have been an easy way to circumvent racial issues, this
particular time.

Still, there are four thumbnail pictures from the movie towards the top of the
instruction pages, and the human portrayed most clearly (in two of the images,
and one is even a close-up) is Panaka.  At no point is the scene you are
describing shown.  Coupled with the outfit on the mini-figure matching Panaka's
as shown in those images, and there is little reason not to run the risk of my
prior assumption (be it in error or not) to be completely inferred.

I just built it before coming to work this morning, and saw the pictures
as well. it looks like they repeated the series of pictures twice. maybe
they screwed up? If it is Panaka (We call him Captain Pancake at the
office - Long story, along with his faithful companion Sergeant Syrup)
in this set, it is horrid. Better not put in any minifigs!

Anyway, yep, there's bigger issues on the grill here, even if they turn out to
be unassociated with the 7124.  I was just looking at brown pieces, and they're
a good medium-hued tone of brown which would allow perfectly legible imprinting
of the "black dot eyes and mouth."  I say "why not?"  :-)

I don't think they will, simply because of all the chaos it would
develop

<off.topic.debate><political rant>

(I can just imagine Jesse Jackson / Al Sharpton / NAACLP ) or some other
race exploiter protesting or causing disruptions or destruction at TLC).

</off.topic.debate></political rant>

It is too sensitive an issue for them, I would rather have them
concentrate on bringing us great products!

Scott S.

Scott E. Sanburn
CAD Operator
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.

"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and a bug free Y2K!" :)

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/

Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html

Main LEGO Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/legoindex.html

Progress: LEGO Sets Parts Selling Page almost completed!