 Off-Topic / Debate / 2825
Re: Adventurer Maps
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 21:19:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Simpson writes:

John:

Thanks for the info. on Graham Hancock - I'll definitely look into them.  In • my
mind, the construction of the Pyramids is the greatest unsolved mystery of • human
history.  I don't fall into the camp that believes that they had Alien
assistance in their construction - for one thing, I believe that such an
interaction would have had such a profound impact on human culture, that
unmistakable lore and accounts of the event would have survived over time, and
would have been passed to us (in artwork, burial chamber relics, religious
practices, etc., etc.)  The scale of human construction is almost • unfathomable,
though.  For one thing, how could they feed such a work-force?  It must have
taken all of the resources of Egypt, as well as many tribute-states.  I'm • really
not very well-informed about the matter, but I think that by all accounts, the
building of the Pyramids is a very mysterious subject.

I'm sure you're aware of the Mayan pyramids in Mexico (I believe).  Well the
idea of alien intervention did have a profound impact on culture, lore, and
spirituality among those pyramid builders, though it did not survive past the
millenium.
Just a thought for cognitive digestion.
Mike