 Off-Topic / Debate / 27678
Re: A Berkeley Study That Portrays Liberalism Positively?!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 16:28:19 GMT

   I’m shocked. I’m also kidding.

The most interesting thing to me about this study is the motivation of the researchers. When the day is done and the results are in, it simply amounts to patting oneself on the back. This is research?

I read about this on a certain Other Forum and basically said “eh.”

It’s a too-small sample size from a too-small geographic area. I’d say it’s close to meaningless, and in any case the factors of adolescent life and parental leanings likely weigh more upon one’s political destination that does one’s own “whininess.”

Of the few dozen former high school classmates I’ve been able (or inclined) to track down, very nearly all of them gravitated to exactly the political affiliation I would have predicted, myself included. The indicators present in adolescence are probably more reliable than the relative “whininess” of a toddler.

Even if that whiny “toddler” is a six-foot-five demagogue who hosts a three-hour daily radio show plus a daily hour-long primetime TV show...

Dave!