 Off-Topic / Debate / 27547
    Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) (URL) Protests in London call for terrorist strikes against Europe, threaten those who insult Islam with execution, and generally reject liberal democracy. (URL) Danish Embassy in Lebanon and Syria are attacked by protestors and set on fire. (...) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations —Timothy Gould
   --SNIP-- (...) --SNIP-- (...) Apart from on Bosnia, and Liberia and the other places where they have. Sure we don't have the pretty pictures of it but that's because, according to the Western media, those people don't count. And that's not to (...) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) I don't mean to suggest any society is free of extremists and crazies. Christianity has been responsible for some of the most horrendous acts in history - cruel, horrible actions that seem devoid of purpose or humanity. Nor am I trying to say (...) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations —John Neal
     (...) Great example. This man cannot be more of a hypocrite, more full of excrement. The irony is literally painful. JOHN (19 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations —Ross Crawford
     (...) I disagree with many of your views, but I don't say you're full of shit for expressing them. Do you know that person? How can you possibly say what their motivation is? ROSCO (19 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations —John Neal
     (...) I meant to imply that he was full of it for holding that view, not expressing it. And what if you did? That's your view, and you are entitled to it. So then we can debate it and argue the merits of each others points. How does one open a (...) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations —Timothy Gould
      (...) The UK still produces a lot of good authors John. To accuse it of literary dying is a bit harsh. ;) Tim (19 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

          Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations —John Neal
      (...) lol For some reason, it comes out that way in type every time and I have to go back and correct. Musta missed that one:-/ Either that, or it's Canada's fault! JOHN (19 years ago, 6-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations —Ross Crawford
     (...) A good start would be to find out who it actually is. (...) And how many people do you know with faeces for brains to make such a comparison? (...) His? I see nothing gender specific about that pic. Maybe it's nothing to do with shame, but a (...) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations —Ross Crawford
     (...) Like thousands rioting in LA because a court ruling didn't go the way they wanted? I seem to recall about 50 killed, was that justified? Mob rule can do some strange things to people. ROSCO (19 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations —Leonard Hoffman
     (...) Fair enough - that was a pretty lame reason to riot. I remember my High School shutting off access to cable and radio when the verdict was read during the OJ Simpson trial in case there was problems. Pretty lame and unjustified if you ask me. (...) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations —Bruce Schlickbernd
     (...) The trial of the officers who beat Rodney King (I have no idea why you are referencing the O.J. Simpson trial) was such a farce that feds brought them up on federal charges (and ran a competent trial) as fast as they could. The riot ensued (...) (19 years ago, 13-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations —Leonard Hoffman
      (...) I mentioned the OJ Simpson trial because my school shut down access to radio, cable, TV when the verdict was read. Maybe the missing piece of info was that the school didn't know what the verdict was going to be - I think they were expecting a (...) (19 years ago, 13-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations —John Neal
     (...) This is SO obvious-- we are engaged in an violent struggle (ie war) with radical Wahabi muslims. If the rest of Islam doesn't not stand up against these extremists, they are allowing THEM to define themselves (the rest of Islam) and their (...) (19 years ago, 13-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations —Timothy Gould
   (...) You probably did but that's not really your fault. There have been marches in the UK but, unsurprisingly their peaceful nature made them unnewsworthy. BTW. I just found this (URL) So it seems that the government and religious leaders of (...) (19 years ago, 6-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)