 Off-Topic / Debate / 27633
Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 15:46:37 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

   As to the cartoons and protests - sooner or later the Islamic world is going to have to face down their own extremists or they will be devoured by them.

This is SO obvious-- we are engaged in an violent struggle (ie war) with radical Wahabi muslims. If the rest of Islam doesn’t not stand up against these extremists, they are allowing THEM to define themselves (the rest of Islam) and their religion, effectively pitting Islam against the world.

So it is THEIR job to clean their OWN house, because every time the West steps in to assist, WE become the galvanizing force between radical and “peaceful” Islamists (against US)

And the problem is that they won’t, and we need to defend ourselves, so how can there be a peaceful solution to the problem? Bugs.

That’s right-- bugs. We get all of our oil from bugs, and we let the Arabs choke on all of their oil. Because the irony is that it is OUR own money that is funding this entire thing.

And THEN, we go back to (==========PROGRESSIVE ALERT============) a kind of Neo-Colonialism. Not for the purpose of exploitation, but with the intention of using current technology to quickly raise the standard of living for every person on earth. That is our obligation.

JOHN