 Off-Topic / Debate / 27562
Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 23:31:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   But theres a difference between some extremists committing violence and a crowd of 15,000 attacking an embassy because a government won’t silence and punish a newspaper for exercising their right to satire. That is what sets this a part from every other act of violence you listed: the totally surreal justification for it.

Like thousands rioting in LA because a court ruling didn’t go the way they wanted? I seem to recall about 50 killed, was that justified? Mob rule can do some strange things to people.

Fair enough - that was a pretty lame reason to riot. I remember my High School shutting off access to cable and radio when the verdict was read during the OJ Simpson trial in case there was problems. Pretty lame and unjustified if you ask me.

-Lenny