 Off-Topic / Debate / 27063
Re: Mocking (was: Coolest Brickshelf account)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 03:13:11 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.build, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

There seem to be some that think that mentioning that something is
worthy of mention or notice is something to belittle or ridicule.
I just don't get that. Seems petty to me to harp on other people
being happy for creators.

Do you deny that there do seem to be some people that seem to think that way?

I would be surprised if there are not - it takes all kinds.

Do you deny that it's a petty view to take,

Depends on the beholder, so my denial or otherwise is irrelevant.

or that it could be perceived as
petty?

Certainly.

Have you ever mocked John?

I don't recall doing so, but if I have, I'm sure you'll point me to it.

Have you?

If so, wouldn't it be reasonable to hypothesise that perhaps you were mocking
this time too and evaluate the words on that basis, and if they fit that
interpretation, conclude that you actually were?

And if you were to hypothesise that perhaps I wasn't, and evaluate the words on
THAT basis, you could also come to the conclusion that I actually WASN'T.

But I guess you're just making the point that in future whenever you read a post
of mine involving John in some way, you will hypothesise that perhaps I am
mocking him, and evaluate my words on that basis?

ROSCO

(FUT -> debate)