 Off-Topic / Debate / 26967
Re: Repost, for the benefit of those on newsreaders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2005 14:06:57 GMT

   That’s my whole point, Tom! The election wasn’t rigged, for pete’s sake!

How would you know? The Diebold machines can make up whatever results they’re programmed to make up, and there is no paper trail of validated vote receipts to audit... recounts consist of checking the same files again to see if they have the same data.

Ohio **could** have been stolen and we’d never know.

That’s my point: we’ll never know--one way or the other! So the conspiracy theorists joyfully foam at the mouth without any prove whatsoever.

   Don’t you get it? Those machines are crooked and no one seems to care.

Proof? Potential for abuse is not a “smoking gun”.

JOHN