 Off-Topic / Debate / 26963
Re: Repost, for the benefit of those on newsreaders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 28 May 2005 23:29:36 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Thomas Stangl wrote:

John wrote:

   Have it your way, Burger King, but I still say it is a waste of time and energy. Dems should be focusing on the future fate of their party, because it is a mess from my viewpoint.

So in other words you have no problem with a voting system that is rigged?

That’s my whole point, Tom! The election wasn’t rigged, for pete’s sake! Why is it that every time the Dems loose it must be due to fraud? Deal with reality! Dems should be more worried that their party has been hijacked by Lefty wackos like Howard Dean MM and George Soros. That is the problem.

It is NOT a waste of time and energy to track down voting fraud, as it will make it harder to do the same in the future.

Actually it is grossly rigged, just not the way most folks think of it. It is rigged in to a brain fried, corporate sponsored 2 party system. If you’re part of any other party , you might as well pucker up, because your going to end up kissing dirt by the end of the race as you are steamrolled over by the large corporately funded Reps and Dems.

   But it is a waste of time and energy to look for something that simply isn’t there, which apparently is easier than accepting the painful truth that America is more and more rejecting the Democratic party.
It’s a start, although, personally I’d have preferred to start with the Reps...

   to the detainees (who’ve been held without documented justificaation and tortured),

I trust that any treatment given to detainees is either better than they deserve or justly deserved, and thus won’t apologize to them.

Tell that to the Australians.

Which ones? Cite specifics, but in all honesty, you and I have not all of the necessary information to make judgments as to what the actual circumstances are in that place.

Detainee = victim. They didn’t die fighting it, that makes them professional victims in my book.

   You know, just about when I get calloused enough to your idiocy, you blindside me with yet another anti-American view that is beyond reason.
Wow, you obviously haven’t met me yet. Hello, My name is Pagan Intellectual. My religion conflicts with most published religion and my moral code, while more unbending is more open than that of your average Christian.

What is beyond reason is drawing conclusions when you aren’t anywhere near in command of all of the facts.
So when did that stop any human being?

   Who is we?

The United States of America.

   And what is our culture?

It is what it is.

Such a stunning non-answer.

A Polyglot controlled by the Religious Reich.. that’s right, I call the Christian Coalition and the combined Catholicist religions a Reich. They are as unbending and unforgiving of differences as Hitler.

Really? Perhaps you would like to define it, if you can (if it’s even possible). I meant what I said: whatever our culture is at the moment, that is what it is. I don’t know how else to describe it.

   What you really mean, of course, is that it is what you and the bobbleheads want to shape it into. It’s still far to free for you and the hawks.

No, that is what you want me to think it is because then I fit nicely into your labels of a bigot, idiot, hawk, etc.

   It is a war of values. Other nations oppose Capitalism, but mostly they oppose our values. I object to the alarming loss of values in our country. But I work to instill and restore good values, not incinerate those with whom I disagree.

But to hell with anyone that doesn’t have your values, right?

My values, U.S society doesn’t agree with many of my values, even though I was born and bred in this society. That is their right..

Thanks for asking. Wrong.

   After all, you want to legislate freedoms out of existence,

Prove it! This country now has so many laws between Federal, State and Local governments that a person is barely able to breath without violating one. Yet they keep making more laws, most of which either server the Christian/Catholic religion or seem to be aimed at protecting the stupid people from themselves...

   Wrong.

   and deny basic freedoms to many,

Aye, the U.S. Legal structure is moving more and more to doing so.. Persoannlly, if the stupid people want to kill themselves.. Let Them..... Get them out of my gene pool... But at the same time.. keep your religions out of my government’s laws.

Wrong again.

   because their morals don’t meet up to Mr. High And Mighty.

That’s what you’d like to believe, I know. I thought the Left was all about “nuances”. You seem to like black and white a lot...

It’s all grey.... black and white became muddled a long time ago...

   I was speaking more in a historical context. Many Arabs envision a theocratic Muslim world society, and thus have no basis for agreement with us whatsoever, and perhaps never will. Until Arab countries are run by their people for their people, I will regard them with suspicion.

Yet you want to sweep possible voting fraud under the rug. Such fraud that may prove OUR country is NOT run “by the people for the people”.
Oh forget this.. look the little Arab folks want to keep on killing each other like they have for the last 2500 years, fine. But given this behavior, when they can no longer keep their unbending, fanatical religious assaults in their own territories.. it’s time to roll out the red carpet in my opinion.. and I mean the red carpet left by carpet bombing...

Again with the fraud. It’s interesting-- I remember Dems talking about Diebold fraud months before the election. Forget it, Tom. It’s a canard. I am trying to give you some good advice, but I know that you will never accept the truth because it is simply too painful. Why else cling to the notion without tangible evidence so tenaciously?

There will always be a degree of frau as long as there are humans involved. It appears to be inherent in human nature, it is merely a matter of degree.

   I disagree with your assertment that the situation is a “disaster”, because it isn’t a “disaster”, and the impetus is on you to show that it is, because it is your claim.

1500+ US soldiers 10s of 1000s of Iraqis hundreds of billions of $

all gone in that quagmire. And you don’t call it a disaster?

No, Tom. What I call a disaster is a nuke denotated in either LA or NYC or both. Your list above looks like chump change by comparison.

Actually, both of the above are ‘disasters’...

   We will hemhorrage money until we’re bankrupt, if idiots like Bush continue to make it into office. How we can be so arrogant as to think we can’t be spent into the ground like the USSR was, is beyond me.

Yeah right.. have you looked at global economics? It’s a big joke, everybody owes everybody else so much that it’s all bunk...USSR did not fail due to econimics, but to political infighting..

   We can’t afford not to throw everything we have at terrorism at this juncture in order to thwart the unthinkable in the future.

Too bad we’re just throwing bodies at it instead of throwing everything we’ve got at it...

JOHN