 Off-Topic / Debate / 26957
Re: Repost, for the benefit of those on newsreaders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 28 May 2005 04:33:41 GMT

John wrote:

Apologists for Bush tell us to "get over it," and then they crow that we had
our chance and missed it.  Sorry, but that kind of reasoning is
self-contradictory. The only reason we should "get over it" is if it were
clearly demonstrated that no fraud took place, and this hasn't been done.
Therefore the claim that we missed our chance is premature.

Unfortunately, obedient Republicans have worked very hard to ensure that
independent verification of vote-counts is impossible, so it's impossible to
"get over it."

My suggestion still stands.

Have it your way, Burger King, but I still say it is a waste of time and energy.
Dems should be focusing on the future fate of their party, because it is a mess
from my viewpoint.

So in other words you have no problem with a voting system that is rigged?
Something that this country is based upon?

You've trumpeted in here many times before about our great democracy, and how the
majority should rule, yet you have no problem with turning a blind eye to fraud that
might decide *who that majority is*?  How convenient for you that the bobbleheads in
power track so neatly with your narrow-minded views.  *At this time*, anyways.

I'll be the first to laugh myself hoarse if a future election gets rigged for Dems,
Libertarians, or just about anyone but Reps (as long as I don't lose even more
freedoms than I have already), and you start whining about fraud and how someone
should do something about it.

It is NOT a waste of time and energy to track down voting fraud, as it will make it
harder to do the same in the future.

to the detainees (who've been held without documented
justificaation and tortured),

I trust that any treatment given to detainees is either better than they deserve
or justly deserved, and thus won't apologize to them.

Tell that to the Australians.

You know, just about when I get calloused enough to your idiocy, you blindside me
with yet another anti-American view that is beyond reason.

Who is we?

The United States of America.

And what is our culture?

It is what it is.

Such a stunning non-answer.  What you really mean, of course, is that it is what you
and the bobbleheads want to shape it into.  It's still far to free for you and the
hawks.

It is a war of {values}.  Other nations oppose Capitalism, but mostly they
oppose our {values}.  I object to the alarming loss of values in our country.
But I work to instill and restore good values, not incinerate those with whom I
disagree.

But to hell with anyone that doesn't have your values, right?  After all, you want
to legislate freedoms out of existence, and deny basic freedoms to many, because
their morals don't meet up to Mr. High And Mighty.

I was speaking more in a historical context.  Many Arabs envision a theocratic
Muslim world society, and thus have no basis for agreement with us whatsoever,
and perhaps never will.  Until Arab countries are run by their people for their
people, I will regard them with suspicion.

Yet you want to sweep possible voting fraud under the rug.  Such fraud that may
prove OUR country is NOT run "by the people for the people".

I disagree with your assertment that the situation is a "disaster", because it
isn't a "disaster", and the impetus is on you to show that it is, because it is
{your} claim.

1500+ US soldiers
10s of 1000s of Iraqis
hundreds of billions of $

all gone in that quagmire.  And you don't call it a disaster?
We will hemhorrage money until we're bankrupt, if idiots like Bush continue to make
it into office.  How we can be so arrogant as to think we can't be spent into the
ground like the USSR was, is beyond me.

--
Tom Stangl
*http://www.vfaq.com/