 Off-Topic / Debate / 26959
Re: Repost, for the benefit of those on newsreaders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 28 May 2005 15:07:40 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Thomas Stangl wrote:

John wrote:

   Have it your way, Burger King, but I still say it is a waste of time and energy. Dems should be focusing on the future fate of their party, because it is a mess from my viewpoint.

So in other words you have no problem with a voting system that is rigged?

That’s my whole point, Tom! The election wasn’t rigged, for pete’s sake!

How would you know? The Diebold machines can make up whatever results they’re programmed to make up, and there is no paper trail of validated vote receipts to audit... recounts consist of checking the same files again to see if they have the same data.

Ohio **could** have been stolen and we’d never know. I actually think it more likely that 2004 was stolen than that 2000 was stolen (I refer specifically to the Dem vs GOP presidential contest... in reality EVERY election recently has been “stolen” because the duopoly makes it hard or impossible for new parties to get started on an equal footing)

Don’t you get it? Those machines are crooked and no one seems to care.