 Off-Topic / Debate / 26945
  Repost, for the benefit of those on newsreaders

Someone expressed frank misgivings about the formatting of this post: (URL) can I say? The FTX shows up just fine on my browser. But because I am a kind and generous soul, I am reposting in plain text -----repost begins here----- Here are a few (...) (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Repost, for the benefit of those on newsreaders

(...) That fills me with (URL) skepticism> (...) (reverting to FTX:-) (...) He was a known entity when re-elected. You had your chance and muffed it. Wait until '08. (...) Specify, and include to whom we should apologize. (...) If you really (...) (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Repost, for the benefit of those on newsreaders

(...) Are you on a newsreader? I've only ever accessed LUGNET via browser, so the whole thing's a mystery to me. (...) You fool! You'll kill us all! One editorial note: When I use Bush's name in a general sense as in "Bush invaded Iraq," of course I (...) (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Repost, for the benefit of those on newsreaders

(...) I haven't used the newsreader since the first years of LUGNET, and not since the advent of FTX, so it is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma to me as well. (...) As a feature of my fiendish plot, only those who have faith in the UN (...) (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Repost, for the benefit of those on newsreaders

(...) So in other words you have no problem with a voting system that is rigged? Something that this country is based upon? You've trumpeted in here many times before about our great democracy, and how the majority should rule, yet you have no (...) (19 years ago, 28-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Repost, for the benefit of those on newsreaders

(...) That's my whole point, Tom! The election wasn't rigged, for pete's sake! Why is it that every time the Dems loose it must be due to fraud? Deal with reality! Dems should be more worried that their party has been hijacked by Lefty wackos like (...) (19 years ago, 28-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Repost, for the benefit of those on newsreaders

(...) How would you know? The Diebold machines can make up whatever results they're programmed to make up, and there is no paper trail of validated vote receipts to audit... recounts consist of checking the same files again to see if they have the (...) (19 years ago, 28-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Repost, for the benefit of those on newsreaders

(...) On the contrary--the problem facing the Democratic party is that it has too long embraced a policy of placating the Republicans in the hope of catching some right-leaning moderates. As a result, the party has compromised its identity. (...) On (...) (19 years ago, 28-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Repost, for the benefit of those on newsreaders

(...) What is beyond reason is blindly believing a government that refuses to divulge details of the confinements. (...) Gay Marriage? Go ahead, tell me you support it. If you do, then you've been lying for a long time. (...) Gay Marriage. (...) No (...) (19 years ago, 28-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Repost, for the benefit of those on newsreaders

(...) Actually it is grossly rigged, just not the way most folks think of it. It is rigged in to a brain fried, corporate sponsored 2 party system. If you're part of any other party , you might as well pucker up, because your going to end up kissing (...) (19 years ago, 28-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Repost, for the benefit of those on newsreaders

(...) While almost half of the American population agrees with you, a little more than half felt otherwise. And, here soon, someone else will have to handle this mess. And, you are correct, this is a mess. What would really go far in cleaning it up (...) (19 years ago, 29-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Repost, for the benefit of those on newsreaders

(...) We provide plenty of details. It's just you'd rather believe detainees lying from a playbook rather than your government. Again I give the standard "we aren't perfect", but we do a good job; better than any other. (...) You are changing the (...) (19 years ago, 31-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Repost, for the benefit of those on newsreaders

(...) That's my point: we'll never know--one way or the other! So the conspiracy theorists joyfully foam at the mouth without any prove whatsoever. (...) Proof? Potential for abuse is not a "smoking gun". JOHN (19 years ago, 31-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Repost, for the benefit of those on newsreaders

(...) What do you think should be the platforms of the Democratic Party? (...) My evidence of nothing? Better, where is the evidence of wrongdoing? (...) I disagree. These people fought against US forces. They are enemies of the state. (...) They (...) (19 years ago, 31-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Repost, for the benefit of those on newsreaders

(...) The basic freedom of being with your spouse in the hospital. Maybe not consitutional, but I would consider this a basic freedom. (...) Thanks for actually admitting it. (...) Very funny. The Right is much better at hounding people for the (...) (19 years ago, 31-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Repost, for the benefit of those on newsreaders

(...) And on that point we wholeheartedly agree. I just see that as a short-sighted hospital policy that has nothing to do with government. (...) Ha, that must have been some sort of Freudian slip:-) I don't really want to slog through the issue of (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)