 Off-Topic / Debate / 25041
Re: American Idolatry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:51:59 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Chris Phillips wrote:

(snip)

The Senate wasn’t in session at the time.

Oh, well it must be OK then.

I’m saying, he who has never dropped the *-bomb in conversation-- let him cast the first aspersion.

Interesting, because earlier you seemed to think that was reason enough to hold someone in disrespect.

   So the veep took a hit for being a hypocrite, and his best response was “go .... yourself?” Sounds like Senator Leahy hit a nerve, no?

lol Please, Cheney has been around the block a few times. What it sounds like is that Leahy is an *******. But in reality, there is probably a lot more to the whole thing than we are aware. Making judgments based on limited information can be perilous.

Sure, but holding one of the highest offices in this nation brings with it a responsibility to conduct oneself in a more even-tempered, statesmanlike manner. The senate may not have been in session, but the entire senate was present, and so were quite a few news reporters. I would hope that the Assistant Commander-in-Chief has a little more self-control than that particular episode demonstrates. Since he seems to spend most of his time hiding in his not-so-undisclosed location, and the rest of his time hiding behind executive priviledge, we get very few opportunities to evaluate this man’s true character.

- Chris.

p.s. If anyone was offended by my use of euphamisms earlier in this thread, I sincerely apologize. I have tried to use them only where absolutely necessary to recount actual events, but in at least one instance I injected one in a gratuitous manner. If the admins rule that this was inacceptable, I will ask for these posts to be cancelled.