 Off-Topic / Debate / 22897
Re: Remember the Axis of Evil? [may offend]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 06:41:16 GMT

   whereas Fox News is fairly widely regarded as a legitimate news source.

By whom? John Neal? Not by me.

Ahem. Now listen, I do not watch television (1), and certainly not network news, much less Fox (I don’t even have cable). But I’d say this about Fox: at least they admit that they are biased towards the right. The big three and CNN disingenuously pass themselves off as “unbiased”. Fox’s biased to the right is designed to balance the left leaning of the others AFAIK.

I have been known to listen to (self-professed) conservative talk radio on occasion, and that same knock applies to “balanced” reporting of NPR-- lefties who consider themselves moderate. I think Larry is correct-- the Left has become out of touch with mainstream America, and the swing is on as conservative ideas are resonating with the GP. To prove it I’d wager to say that Bush will win next November handily as the Democratic Party’s implosion continues (with its selection of the fringe character Howard Dean as its candidate).

(1) Okay, I’ll admit that I watched the second half of the Vikings-Seattle football game last week:-p

JOHN