 Off-Topic / Debate / 22887
Re: Remember the Axis of Evil? [may offend]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 19:03:37 GMT

snip

   Well, I was called a ‘liberal Canadian who loves West Wing’ once in this very group.

Hey, let’s be fair. You were breaking into Mike P’s house at the time!

Dave!

That Mike P--he’s got lotsa stuff worth coveting!

I think, for most aspects of life, there is this ‘pendulum motion’Dark ages to ‘enlightnement’, from ‘50’s nuclear family to ‘60’s ‘free love’ and sort of back again...

It’s much like one part of society gets this great idea, and lots of other people say “Hey, that’s a great idea!” and they all jump on the bandwagon, and then they go just a little too far on that particular trolley, and then someone else says, “Hey! Maybe we’ve gone down this particular path too far, and mayhaps should go back the other way for a bit--there were some pretty nifty things back there as well!”, and then lotsa people get on that one, and the ‘bandwagon’ goes back the other way for a while...

I say as long as the pendulum doesn’t get too far to either extreme, we’ll do pretty much okay. Right now Dubya and cronies are taking it too far one way, and people are starting to balk. It’s what makes the system, in the grande scope of all things Human, actually work.

Dave K