 Off-Topic / Debate / 21520
  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) Wait a minute. People can see that the US was missing some stuff for over 40 years and only recently found it but are complaining that we haven't found anything burried in the Iraqi desert after only a few months!? Color me confused. -Mike (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) It was an example. I'm sure that if and when every single rock is turned over in Iraq that there will probably be some canisters of something that's been missing since around '91. That said, since this stuff is missing, it couldn't have been (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) But that's not the issue. The issue is that Bush, Rumsfeld, Powell, and Rice (among other admin officials and toadies) asserted that Saddam was an active and immediate threat with an active chemical/biological weapons program and an active (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) Clearly all false... But I'm not sure he actually CLAIMED those things (what he did claim was bad enough in the lying department, though...), Dave! (...) I'm still in the "maybe" camp on that one, Dave! (...) As usual when discussing (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) Or become a scofflaw and ignore it. Or rationalize rewriting the law for yourself (sometimes known as pushing the limit to see if it really is a limit): all posted speed limits are really five MPH faster than listed, or heck, this road is a (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) You assume that because the U.S. doesn't know where stuff in Iraq is that the Iraqi leadership did not know where the stuff is. Simply not finding anything is not proof that there is/was nothing to find, it only means we haven't found it. We (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) You make a good distinction. In the interest of fairness and disclosure, I offer some documentation of my assertion: Dubya's speech on 10/7/03 included the following statements: re: active biological/chemical weapons program: (...) and a (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) I failed to include my cite: (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) As to whether Harry Browne is running(2) again, let us hope not. Yes, some Libertarians lie/cheat/steal... but we don't claim to be perfect, just forgiven... er wait, wrong tagline, try that again.... but we are actively working to make the (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) First you must demonstrate that it's obvious. Then you must demonstrate that it's biased. Then you must demonstrate that it's a source. (also riffing on that previous joke (for those joining us late)) (...) I confess that I'll miss him, (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) I'm not clear why this is unrelated -- it seems very related to me, and also an obvious example of the U.S.' very poor foreign policy as a whole. The other issue is shelf-life: it is my understanding that most of this stuff has lost its (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

It'd be great to blame Shrub for a lot of this, and I do, but let's be even more specific in what is being claimed. Leaving quotes and vaguely worded claims to the side, I am blame Shrub for a rush to judgment on a matter of considerable importance. (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) All of them. I hope in my lifetime all the politicians are gone and we reinstate the use of representatives. (...) Yeah but when over half the population believes the story and now "feels safe" you might as well bide your time. (...) Ok the (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

More on blame obfuscation: CIA Got Uranium Reference Cut in Oct. Why Bush Cited It In Jan. Is Unclear (URL) CIA Director George J. Tenet successfully intervened with White House officials to have a reference to Iraq seeking uranium from Niger (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

Another bit... MEMO TO COLIN POWELL (URL) MEMO TO COLIN POWELL: You'd think that as distinguished an old soldier as Colin Powell would know that when you find yourself in a hole, you stop digging. But that's the opposite of what the secretary of (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) Here's a tidy compilation of most of my point: (URL) Dave! (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) with those of its master. The 45 minute statement is a Blair thing: (URL) as noted earlier today. And as Kooties has noted elsewhere, the poodle and its master are meeting later in the week to get their mutual story straightened out and (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)