 Off-Topic / Debate / 21474
Re: More throwbacks to Hitler...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:23:10 GMT

   This tells me that, eventually, society evolves, with or without your revolutions. Why? Because history so much has taught us this. We came out > of the cave, we crossed the sea, we expanded our influence to the macro and > to the micro, and thru it all, we evolved and learned and grew up.

Where are these good people that you speak of? Lynching gays in the midwest? Bashing heads belonging to dissenters in with baseball bats? Sitting in the White House committing atrocity after atrocity in the name of democracy and capitalism? Carving their “nigger notches” into their favorite weapon?

Maybe you have some of these people in Canada too? Or I guess you really are better than us...

http://www.canadaimmigrants.com/

   Your ‘gods’ of constitutionalism and ‘Jeffersonianism’ have displaced any ‘common good’ and ‘social justice’.

Actually, I’d say neither the U.S. Constitution nor a true Jeffersonian poltical scene has ever really been given a try. You can thank Hamilton for immediately muddying the waters of our republic with overt/excessive federalism.

   You sit there and say “Look how great we are! America! We’re numero uno! > I woudn’t live anywhere else! Our constitution got us here and will take us > into the future” whilst out of the other side of your mouth you yap about the insecurity you feel towards your gov’t and your fellow citizen.

As it should be.

“There are two things a prince should fear: internal subversion from his subjects; and external aggression by foreign powers.” -- Machiavelli

Taken on a more individual level (since we are all princes in the U.S.): you have to question every other citizen’s motives, and certainly fear aggressive political power from every other source.

And you offer us what -- the liberation of the parliamentary system? Where’s my Robert’s Rules of Order -- oh wait, this is a joke, right???

-- Hop-Frog