 Off-Topic / Debate / 21461
21460  |  21462
Subject:
More throwbacks to Hitler...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:31:26 GMT

http://www.democraticunderground.com/articles/03/06/27_democracy.html

"
Alas, that America - Ashcroft's America - is where we now live. We have plunged
headlong into the past. America cringes under the shadow of a militant Homeland
Security Act - a ghostly doppleganger of Adolph Hitler's 1933 "Enabling Act,"
which, to ensure security of the homeland, effectively cancelled constitutional
freedoms of German citizens. Like Germany of 70 years ago, America is a nation
so mesmerized by fear - so uninformed by its corporate media - that our
bipartisan Congress transferred with nary a whimper, and without public debate,
all military, police, law enforcement, judicial, and surveillance powers to the
executive branch, or Reich.
"

But I'm the one that was admonished for "gun laws" that hearkened back to
Germany:

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=21354

Oh those crazy 'Mericans with their ill thought and ill conceived ideas.

How about something new and radical for y'all--think something thru instead of
being 'reactionary' all the time.

"Look how great we are because we're always reacting to everything!  We reacted
to the damn Brits and had our little 'revolution'!  Look how great that was and
look how great we are now!"

Well, a few other countries that were under the "tyranny" of the Brits have
virtually the same 'democracy' and captialism as y'all, and they are, as far as
I'm concerned, better off.  I'd rather live in Austrailia or, well, hey how
'bout where I live now--Canada, than live in the US--my life expectancy is
longer, my health care is better, and I have less chance of getting shot.

"Oh but we have the potential of being the best!"

Well you're not the best.  You're not today, you haven't been, and at the rate
you're going, you never will be.  Other countries are consistantly listed as
'better than you'.  Canada was voted the best place to live many times over (I
think we're like 3 now, but eh, whatrya gonna do?).  But "can't say that 'cause
those 'Mericans will get in a tizzy!"

There is something known as Christian apologists--they're not folks who go
around apologizing for being Christian, they're the ones who 'denounce' the
ideas that 'denounce' Christianity.  I think there are a whole slew of American
Apologists here--folks who scoff at *any* idea that doesn't stem from the
Constitution or from Jefferson as "not germaine for us Yankees!" Well,
rationalize all you want, demean other ideas that are working better than yours
as "anti-American" and go on with your merry lives.  Just know deep down in your
collective brainwashed minds that you're not the best, and as long as you
collectively believe in the entirety of 200+ year old philosophical
"Jeffersonian" ideas, you never will be.

We will continue to grow and be proactive.  The best you can possibly aspire to
is to be reactive.

Dave K
-who just threw all of this up there for John, 'cause I know he's been missing
my anti-American rants.