 Off-Topic / Debate / 20981
Re: US finds evidence of WMD at last !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2003 20:43:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello wrote:
Wow, I don't check OTD for a couple of days and I miss an uninterupted anti-Bush
love fest.

Peace, love, man!  :-)

Yes, let us not forget that bastion of truth Michael Moore (end sarcasm), I am
not completely sure if he is a deliberate liar, or if he genuinely believes that
the distortions in his words and movies are genuinely reality. He is either a
deliberate deciever or hopelessly out of touch with reality. In his latest
interview he asserted that the rich should pay 70% of their wages in taxes, and
yet he complains about GWB's economic plan.

Moore is entertaining, kinda like that beacon of The Liberal Media, Rush
Limbaugh.  And in the same way.  ;-)

Not that Moore's veracity is the question here, rather that there are those in
the media already questioning Bush (though Scheer and Moore were doing that from
the word go).

As for the WMD's, for me the discovery of those mobile labs was sufficient. I
can see no logical reason for those labs to exist beyond the development and
concealment of WMD's. What was the last claim I heard? Mobile fertilizer testing
plants? does anyone really believe that? Why does no other country in the world
use similar devices? Is Iraq's fertilizer technology just so much better than
everyone elses?

What was the last evidence I heard?  There is no proof that they actually had
produced anything.  Bush is claiming them as proof, but virtually no one else is
trumpeting them as the smoking gun.  They all understand that the threat the
Bush administration painted Saddam as has not been justified by the search so
far.

All this is mute at this point, the war has been waged and won, whether you
agree with it’s basis or not. Hopefully Iraq will become a safer place.
Hopefully rifts between the coalition of the willing and the coalition of the
unwilling will be mended and we can move on to other issues. Hopefully all my
OTD friends will go easy on me as one of the last conservative leaning voices
here.

Considering the building noise, it's definitely not mute.  Nor is it moot.  It
calls into question the motives of the Bush administration, their honesty and
integrity, their accuracy, regardless of "winning" the war.  Good luck getting a
blank check like he did from congress again if he can't show better evidence
than he has.  This was supposed to be an emminent threat.  I feel more
threatened now, to be quite honest.  The only thing that could salvage the
situation is for Iraq to become a better place for all concerned - I don't have
any great confidence that Bush is the man to accomplish that, but perhaps I'm
wrong on that.  Larry has said it before: Bush might win the war, but he's going
to lose the peace (apologies to Lar+++ if I botched that).

-->Bruce<--