 Off-Topic / Debate / 20978
Re: US finds evidence of WMD at last !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2003 15:41:32 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

   As for the WMD’s, for me the discovery of those mobile labs was sufficient. I can see no logical reason for those labs to exist beyond the development and concealment of WMD’s. What was the last claim I heard? Mobile fertilizer testing plants? does anyone really believe that? Why does no other country in the world use similar devices? Is Iraq’s fertilizer technology just so much better than everyone elses?

It sounds to me like you are shooting from the hip. Can you support your claims?

First off I thought everyone was generally shooting from the hip, our debate points here on a message board dedicated to fans of Lego aren’t going to change policy. Most of my politically “like minded” friends laugh at me when I tell them that my favorite place to debate is Lugnet.

However, it is evidence you asked for, so I tried my darndest to find it:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2003-05-28-iraq-bio-weapons_x.htm

This first article is from the AP story describing the discovery of the mobile bio-weapons labs, and dismissing the alternative explanations. This one has the Iraqi claim that these mobile labs were used to produce hydrogen.

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/14/sprj.irq.labs/

This second article is from back when Colin Powell first described these mobile weapons labs, Hans “Inspector Clouseau” Blix claimed that he was aware of these labs, but believed them to be either food inspectors, or seed processors.

I will readily admit that I am not a biologist, and the creation and combination of these elements is well beyond my understanding. Here are the questions that just doesn’t sit right with me. If these labs were created for a legitimate purpose, why were they camouflaged and hidden? Why did Husein not simply produce one of these vehicles after Powell described them, he could have welcomed inspectors to tour the facility while it was in use. This whole thing is really suspicious, whether you buy the critics explanations or not.

Scott C.