 Off-Topic / Debate / 20963
Re: US finds evidence of WMD at last !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 14:20:31 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

I've noticed that the new 'Merican Media expression (the 'old' one
was "SH will use these non-existant WoMD near the end of the war when he has
nothing left to lose") is "Oh, SH probably destroyed the WoMD right before the
war..."

...and thus complied with res 1441?

Scott A

Thus full circle, bringing back the idea of the UN and it's 'un'failure.

Of course, some would say that the *only* reason why Iraq's supposed WoMD were
destroyed at all was the imminent threat of the US military action.  I would not
be one of those people.

For I offer the following idea--

As posted here earlier, US had a factory for bio/chem stuff that was shut down
in '69 and this very year evidence was found--live evidence--scary!

So here's Iraq, going to be invaded by a foreign military power and has to
destroy "thousands and thousands" of pounds/litres/whathaveyou of bio/chem
'terror in a bottle' and yet, a few months later, *no* evidence is found.

I wouldn't presume to say that Iraqis military is inept or anything like
that--but they were probably preparing for an invasion and *if* they were
destroying WoMD at the same time, I would find my reason put to the test to
think that they could have destroyed all of it in the matter of days leading up
to the war with *no* evidence thereof.

So again, either Dubya's idea on Iraq was moronic, i.e. he really didn't know
what was going on and made stupid decisions anyway, or something more
terrifying--he blatantly lied to us, fully aware that Iraq had little to no
WoMD, and was using that 'fear' to launch his own political ideas for the Middle
East, and deflecting the real problems that the world faces with tue terrorists.

So what is it?  Is Dubya a moron or is he a blatant, boldface, power hungry
liar?

And why doesn't anyone in the press ask him that?

1st ammendment my heinie.

Dave K