 Off-Topic / Debate / 20972
Re: US finds evidence of WMD at last !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2003 01:59:13 GMT

Wow, I don't check OTD for a couple of days and I miss an uninterupted anti-Bush
love fest.

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

I rather imagine Robert Scheer and Michael Moore have.  I think it will start to
build.

Yes, let us not forget that bastion of truth Michael Moore (end sarcasm), I am
not completely sure if he is a deliberate liar, or if he genuinely believes that
the distortions in his words and movies are genuinely reality. He is either a
deliberate deciever or hopelessly out of touch with reality. In his latest
interview he asserted that the rich should pay 70% of their wages in taxes, and
yet he complains about GWB's economic plan.

As for the WMD's, for me the discovery of those mobile labs was sufficient. I
can see no logical reason for those labs to exist beyond the development and
concealment of WMD's. What was the last claim I heard? Mobile fertilizer testing
plants? does anyone really believe that? Why does no other country in the world
use similar devices? Is Iraq's fertilizer technology just so much better than
everyone elses?

In police terms these labs would be considered paraphernalia, not the offending
substance but something to be used in conjunction with an illegal substance.
It’s like not finding Marijuana, but finding a bong and rolling papers, not
finding a gun, but finding a holster and shell casings. These labs too, are
frighteningly similar to what Colin Powell described in his UN address, maybe
his intelligence wasn’t so flawed after all.

All this is mute at this point, the war has been waged and won, whether you
agree with it’s basis or not. Hopefully Iraq will become a safer place.
Hopefully rifts between the coalition of the willing and the coalition of the
unwilling will be mended and we can move on to other issues. Hopefully all my
OTD friends will go easy on me as one of the last conservative leaning voices
here.

Scott C.