 Off-Topic / Debate / 20700
Re: Patriotism or Mass Hysteria?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:44:20 GMT

Equal protection under the law means that the government (which has
the force initiation monopoly, remember)

Actually, it must be remembered that the government, then using force in
accordance with written law, is exercising contract enforcement, which is
100% approved by Libertarian philosophy.

That's not a settled point, so I'd wish you wouldn't assert it as if it were.

Maybe I don't like it, maybe you don't like it, but that's how the
contract functions.  You're under no forced obligation to remain in the
contract, of course.

Nor is that settled.

But larger-ly, what's the bearing? Do you disagree that a just government
(whether you think a non libertarian government is just or not) ought to
afford all citizens equal protection, or not?