 Off-Topic / Debate / 20701
20700  |  20702
Subject:
Military Aid or Invasion?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 18:03:02 GMT

"Pilgrims threaten jihad against American forces"
http://news.independent.co.uk/low_res/story.jsp?story=399804&host=3&dir=75

You go, you read, you find out that Iraqis may have a different opinion
about good government than does GWB.  Your sons and daughters will fight for
GWB's side of it regardless.

How many people must die before we realize that we cannot make fundamental
decisions for others?

I want to preserve the american form of a republic -- but that is a decision
we make amongst ourselves.  We cannot force others to embrace ethics and
ideals that may be foreign to them.

You know what they say about leading a horse to water...

-- Hop-Frog