 Off-Topic / Debate / 20698
Re: Patriotism or Mass Hysteria?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:28:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lester Witter writes:
...but I can't walk into CNN headquarters [snip] and expect to be given free
airtime. That is not a right.

I am not clear on the particulars, but I think broadcasters do have to give
air time to those with opposing views.  I think it works that way at the
local level, or at least it used to.  It wouldn't surprise me to learn that
the FCC has backed off the issue.

-- Hop-Frog