 Off-Topic / Debate / 20684
Re: Patriotism or Mass Hysteria?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 01:46:40 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello writes:
Reporters are hired to display some degree of impartiality, granted many of
them do little to hide their left leanings, but to go on a television
station run by an enemy government and criticize the country that provided
your plane ticket, seems not only stupid, but bordering on treason.

Um, treason is a very specific crime with very specific actions that define
it as treason.  We aren't even in the ballpark with what that reporter did.

And databasing protestors seems harmless until you realize that the FBI
wants to create a database -- and get this -- they don't care if the
information in the database is accurate or not! They are worried they will
miss an important lead if the information must be accurate so they are
willing to dispense with that tedious little bother. Huh?!

Absolutely astounding?!

Not good. • Definately not good.

-- Hop-Frog

Clearly the greatest threat to our country and Freedom comes from D.C. (Gee,
there's a shock)

-Mike Petrucelli