 Off-Topic / Debate / 20664
Re: Free Speech, again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 19:23:03 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Pedro Silva writes:

Most importantly, you haven't told me where "ne" came from.
I use it to mean "yes?"  (as in, "do you agree?") and only at the end of
sentences.

Anyone recognise it?

Doh!  How about the simple "ne c'est pas?" in the now-forbidden language?

Actually, the french expression is "n'est-ce pas?".
Sorry, I didn't want to become a grammar cop... :-/

  Go for it!  My ignorance of French grammar/spelling borders on the
absolute.  I was just trying to recall what I remember reading in Alpha
Flight comic books 20 years ago....

     Dave!