 Off-Topic / Debate / 19187
  We love our guns!!-- was Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) Yeah, that's the dreamer part of me... but it's completely true. (...) I like how you do away with the rest of the logically constructed arguement, that if you *reduce* the number of guns, you will reduce the number of gun related cases of (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We love our guns!!-- was Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) That is because the crime rate in Canada and the UK and anywhere else you choose to examine has gone up (NOT down) after Gun Control policies were enacted. It is impossible to reduce the number of guns that criminals will get so long as guns (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We love our guns!!-- was Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) But I think the point that was made to you in response to that assertion is that it is a canard-- it will never happen, and so you really could never prove it anyway. But people have thought along those lines and tried to ban guns anyway. (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We love our guns!!-- was Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) Care to show cause and effect? I expect not! (...) Given that 500,000 are stolen from lawful owners each year in the USA. Do you think that if more restrictions were put on ownership perhaps less would be stolen? (...) Even in the UK, some (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We love our guns!!-- was Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) Do criminals make their guns? Do they have gunsmithing shops in the back of their barns where they can make their .22's and ammo? Well, no. So where do the criminals get their guns? Well, I can think off the top of my head a variety of (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We love our guns!!-- was Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Koudys writes: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) I just recalled that some gun hobbyists make their own ammo. Doesn't detract from the point--criminals are probably doing criminal activities and are not making their own (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We love our guns!!-- was Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) Please give up on the notion that gun supply can somehow be controlled. There will *always* be guns, whether they are stolen from my house or produced in a third world nation. Anyway, the whole issue will become moot when technology gives us (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We love our guns!!-- was Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) You're not very good at staying on thread, are you? Nor are you very good at paying attention. Go dig up the red light threads and reread them before you blather further. But assuming you won't, or won't be able to analyse what was said, for (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We love our guns!!-- was Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) <snip> Is there stats on this? Without any veil of agenda, I'd like to know how many guns in the black market today come from off shore. Curious. Dave K (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We love our guns!!-- was Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) you think that if more restrictions were put on ownership perhaps >less would be stolen? (...) I think you are agreeing with me? (...) It's a gun's ability to kill that makes ownership so attractive to many. Scott A (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We love our guns!!-- was Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) Refutation--the camera itself didn't cause the accident--the camera didn't change the timing of the lights. Saying something like there's causality between the camera and the accidents is like saying thre's causality between people waking up (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We love our guns!!-- was Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) Thanks for clearing that up. Your assertion in this case is that the cameras themselves are not causative? Rather they are merely tools and it's the people (governments in this case) that use them improperly which cause the problem? So why ban (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We love our guns!!-- was Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) Oh if wishing made it so. I would love to see the day when we would enact laws banning the improper usage of guns. Well, we do already and it's known as 'the law'. Now here's a situation--can we regulate red light cameras and non-interference (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We love our guns!!-- was Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) Indeed. Now just enforce it. Enforce the laws against robbery, burglary, rape, assault, murder etc, and perhaps there will be less of a problem. But no, the police are apparently way too busy enforcing other laws like when shops can be open (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We love our guns!!-- was Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) Thank you for allowing me the opportunity of "The Last Word"... Friends, We are gathered here today to pay our final respects to a cherished friend that has been with us over these many years. This recently departed friend of ours was dear to (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We love our guns!!-- was Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Koudys writes: <snip> (...) More like novella... <g,d,r> (sorry) JOHN (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We love our guns!!-- was Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) Not that I haven't talked about my favourite 'Classic Rock' radio station *all day* today... But at 7:55 a.m. (usually on my way in to work) they have "'The Last Word' with Maureen Holliway" She gets on there and basically talks entertainment (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)