 Off-Topic / Debate / 16806
16805  |  16807
Subject:
Netiquette Question (was Re: Legal Education? etc. )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 20:11:32 GMT

I am just curious about something...

Christopher posed a request here, and I have gone to some lengths to fulfill
that request in the previous post.

Now it happens that I don't care if he responds to the previous post or not
(REALLY!), but I wonder if most people think I deserved a reply even if it
was just a short thanks or whatever.  Alternatively, is the "thanks" made at
the end of the original request considered the sufficient thanks -- in
advance.  A third alternative might be that to reply with a just a few words
like "thanks a lot -- Chris" would be considered noise that doesn't have to
be made publically, but maybe could or should be made privately.  And I
suppose the list of possibilities goes on from here...

FWIW, Christopher has been online in the meanwhile, so I know he could have
replied if he had wished to. So the plot thickens...

=)

What is the right thing to do?  Is there a lot of room for slippage?  How
much does what is done matter?  Should I be offended?  If so, to what degree?

-- Hop-Frog