 Off-Topic / Debate / 16807
Re: Netiquette Question (was Re: Legal Education? etc. )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 21:01:47 GMT

What is the right thing to do?  Is there a lot of room for slippage?  How
much does what is done matter?  Should I be offended?  If so, to what degree?

If it had been me that asked for info I probably would have sent you a
private thanks. Or maybe even a public one. The line between clutter and
politeness is indistinct in this area. I doubt very much that Chris slighted
you deliberately, that's not his way.

But should you be offended? Well that's your call of course. No one can
dictate whether one should be offended or not, that is always an internal
decision. While it is true that no one has the right NOT to be offended by
what someone else said, I'd advise against letting anything said (or not
said in this case) while online be considered as offensive.  Easy to say,
hard to do.

I found the links and info useful, so much so that if OT.debate had a FAQ
I'd nominate that post for it.