 Off-Topic / Debate / 16810
Re: Netiquette Question (was Re: Legal Education? etc. )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 23:39:18 GMT

What is the right thing to do?  Is there a lot of room for slippage?  How
much does what is done matter?  Should I be offended?  If so, to what degree?

No one can tell you whether you should or should not be offended, but had I
gone to the trouble to write what you wrote and got no acknowledgment
specifically from the person who requested the info, you bet I'd be offended.
(But then I guess you probably know I'm touchy that way.)  My guess, though, is
that Chris appreciates the research you did but either got sidetracked or just
didn't think a thanks is a big deal.  (Now he knows it is a very big deal,
at least to some people.)

I agree with DaveE, you can use your reaction as a gauge for how much effort
you care to put into any subsequent request for info from a particular party.

I also agree with Lar, your post was certainly not a wasted effort, and I agree
with you about the relative historical underestimation of Hamilton's
detrimental influence.  I cannot participate in this thread, however
peripherally though, without commenting on your inclusion of Sade in the
otherwise illustrious list of examples you offer.  C'mon, Richard, you know
he's just an overrated misogynistic pornographer-- that "pamphleteer of the
French Revolution" crap was just spin doctoring by his well connected
relatives.  Oh wait,  we've been through this debate before and no one's mind
was changed. Well then... never mind....

Maggie C.