 Off-Topic / Debate / 16793
16792  |  16794
Subject:
Legal Education? (was: real conspiracies?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 19:35:23 GMT

Some call if graft, others call it Title 12 of the U.S. Codes.

Richard,

In the past you have made references to your legal education and the
woeful lack of legal education in virtually all of The People.  I'm wondering
if you have any reasonable suggestions about how to obtain said education.

I applied to two law schools.  After the "20th best" accepted me, I held out
for the "best," which (unsurprisingly, in hindsight) didn't.  I never went, and
I'm past that point (for now) in my life, so going to law school isn't really
an option.

I won't make any real headway by just starting to read.  I just downloaded the
entire text of Title 12 and it's a 3745-page Word document!  Even if I did read
it I wouldn't remember it because it's legalese and doesn't mean to me what it
would to you.  And even if I could remember it, I still don't have the context
to derive real understanding.

I recall you once suggesting (though I can't find it now) going entry by entry
through some legal dictionary or encyclopedia.  Did that happen, or am I crazy?
What was the text you suggested?  Is it actually written such that someone
without a history of sophisticated legal scholarship could follow it?

Specifically about Title 12:

The US Constitution says "the Congress shall have power to...coin money [and]
regulate the value thereof" and "No state shall...coin money; emit bills of
credit; make anything but gold and silver coin a tender in payment of
debts."  In other notes you have more explicitly stated your frustration with
the Federal Reserve, including the claim that Congress has the responsibility
to coin gold and silver only.  I thought your argument was based on the
constitution rather than some other federal law, but I don't see it.  What am I
misunderstanding?

Are there particularly devious bits of Title 12, or is it just the whole
Federal Reserve to which you are opposed?

thanks,

Chris