 Off-Topic / Debate / 15815
Re: New Stories from the New Testament
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:57:50 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, The Rev. Brendan Powell Smith wrote:

This is a little bit closer to what I have done, but still not quite right.
I could imagine someone creating a Harry Potter movie which down-played the
"nice boy" image of Harry Potter and emphasized those times at which Harry
does things which are morally-questionable or just strange.  For example
(I've never read the book, but saw the movie), one might highlight the scene
early in the movie in which Harry uses magic to trap his cousin in the snake
pit at the zoo.

That's funny, that's what they did in the movie -- emphasized/distorted
events from the book that amplified Harry's questionable moral
character.

The zoo scene is actually one example of this -- in the book, Harry just
'disappears' the glass from the snake's cage.  The glass doesn't come
back, and Dudley doesn't get trapped in the cage.

Steve