 Off-Topic / Debate / 13904
Re: Cuba is a terrorist state (was Re: Any truth in this one - Cuba as a terrostist state.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 08:45:41 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GL6rMI.4nw@lugnet.com...
<Snip>

Here is the US government reasoning for who is on the list and who is off.
Note that this material well predates 911.

http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/pgtrpt/2000/index.cfm?docid=2441

which is a section of

http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/pgtrpt/2000/

I found the list of FTOs interesting.

http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/pgtrpt/2000/index.cfm?docid=2450

especially how intertwined they all seem to be. The site alleges that, for
example, the IRA (the 'Provos') received funding from Libya and training
from the PLO but doesn't specify how long ago that was. If true, that again
gets to my question... how long is long enough to let slide?

Or perhaps you could also ask the question how many sympathisers to thier cause do you need in the US government?
Or how many votes might be lost if they are on the list?

lawrence