 Off-Topic / Debate / 12625
  Re: Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them

Let me say that things happen for a reason, whether we agree or like it or not. I am outraged by this tragedy and I hope that justice is served. I also hope we don't too become indiscriminate murderers now that we've sadly been given a taste of such (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them

(...) the innocent shouldn't be condemned, only the guilty. (...) Israel is the only country in the middle east that stands for freedom and democracy - why is it a suprise to you, then, that the US supports it? Also, the only time Israel "attacked" (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them

(...) But now the picture is far more complicated. If we climb down now and change our foreign policy suddenly, won't this send the tacit signal that terrorism is the best way to get what you want? For now, I agree with Larry. Find the nests of (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them

(...) It is a surprise to me: (URL) A (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them

(...) afaik (don't have the time to look up a reference), Sharon was eventually aquitted of this charge... (...) very good - they should have started a long time ago. What they are doing is killing know terrorists, either after or (hopefully) before (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them

(...) I understand. All I can say is there is a cycle of violence between the Israelis and Palestinians and it is false to assume that it stems solely from violent acts on the part of the Palestinians. Israel is the invader and occupier, that's just (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them

(...) I know what you're saying but I find little comfort in our government's statements, filled with machismo and bravado, yet thin on addressing the core of the issue. We'll send an even worse signal by resorting to war and saying "America will do (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them

(...) Who exactly is saying that? (...) Yes, we should seriously address our meddling and intervention and supporting the wrong sides (or any side of a no good guy conflict). But not now. Now is not the time. Now is the time for disease treatment. (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them

(...) My point was that you are lacking objectivity on this issue. Your response does nothing other than prove my point. Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them

(...) In 1973, Achmed Bouchiki was murdered in Lillehammer, Norway. Investigations revealed that a group of approximately 15 people were sent from Israel to commit the crime. It has been assumed that Ali Hassan Salameh, probably the leader of the (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them

(...) I have to say that this statement continues to puzzle me. You are saying that the state of Israel has never attacked or otherwise harmed any civilians, right? Just to take recent events, you are probably aware that since the start of the (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them

(...) Is this what you think justice means? Scott A (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)