 Off-Topic / Debate / *206 (-20)
  Re: The meaning of Christmas (was Re: Christmas Train update

(...) Depends on the bricks, of course, but anyone who sends thousands of bricks AS A LOVE OFFERING (1) certainly will be held in my highest esteem. (2) 1 - which rules you out, since I pay you for the thousands you send me. 2 - and I have some (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

(...) Uh. But your certain type of personality statement is exactly the kind of comment that KEEPS such arguments running, "a crusader who won't hush until he makes everyone bow to his creator" Don't you see a very definite amount of bile in the way (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The meaning of Christmas (was Re: Christmas Train update

(...) Actually before folks decide to become "Larritarians" :) they should wholly examine these points which can be applied to any religious figure claiming to be something more than man: 1. He's deluded; 2. He's insane; 3. He is who he says he is; (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why I spoke up -- little issues left alone sometimes become big issues

Also sprach Duane Hess: : Christianity is the dominant belief in the world today (1). Until it is the : only belief, or is completely extinguished, Christians will always be : ridiculed somewhere(2). I would dispute this. First of all, in what (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <36786104.B40D0C10@c...AM.com>... (...) I don't think I've sent any train windows to you - someone else got that model team set with the windows, IIRC. Oh well, I guess I'll be down at the feet of Larry with the (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The meaning of Christmas (was Re: Christmas Train update

(...) What about those who send you thousands of bricks? (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The meaning of Christmas (was Re: Christmas Train update

(...) Thanks, but please no idol worship (or idle worship either, for that matter).... My feet are made of clay. :-) (and still have brick imprints from the last time I stepped on one). However, if I WERE a god, why then, I'd have all the train (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Duane Hess wrote in message ... (...) premise (...) I had feared this might have been the interpretation, thought about it as I wrote it, but decided to leave it in. Vastly more superior....open to interpretation as to what comprises "vastly more," (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The meaning of Christmas (was Re: Christmas Train update

(...) OK, since Larry is more elequent than myself and arguably better educated, does this mean that he is superior to me and thus my god? I now bow down to the Great Larry. (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The meaning of Christmas (was Re: Christmas Train update

Richard Dee wrote: < Jesus existed.> Agreed. < Jesus was not the son of god.> Agreed. (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why I spoke up -- little issues left alone sometimes become big issues

(...) the (...) I would beg to differ on that point. I think the various flavours of Buddhism would just pip Christianity to the post. 1 billion+ Chinamen, 120 million or so SEast Asians, a fair number of Japanese, Indians, etc. Anyway...... Has (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The meaning of Christmas (was Re: Christmas Train update

(...) Oh, I am quite satisfied he existed, just not as or in the fashion as described in the bible. Artistic license is possibly the best way to describe the acts and miracles with which he is attributed. The absence of him having been recorded by (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why I spoke up -- little issues left alone sometimes become big issues

(...) If I typed this message with both hands (actually one finger of each hand) would I be considered a "middle man", since I'm a lefty nor a righty (?) ??? Mark "If it aint Lego, it doesn't count" (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The meaning of Christmas (was Re: Christmas Train update

(...) I'm gonna retract this, it was said hastily. It's difficult to prove or disprove the existence of out of system things starting from within a system. But I'll say that I've personally satisfied myself of the implausability of the Christian (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Duane Hess wrote in message ... (...) Doesn't work, I'm afraid. People vary way too much. I mean, some people would be thrilled to get lingerie for Christmas. Moz (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why I spoke up -- little issues left alone sometimes become big issues

(...) That is a *rule* that should be followed by all regardless of religion, or even lack thereof. The world would be a much better place if the consequences were considered before the action was taken. (...) To me his religion plays no role in my (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why I spoke up -- little issues left alone sometimes become big issues

(...) Hmm. That would explain some of the things he's said -- he was actually reading the speeches verbatim. The writers actually wrote 'em that way. Steve (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

(...) It's an old rule of etiquette: don't bring up religion and politics in general conversation. The inverse of this is: if you want to talk about God, expect a fight. So these perennial brushfires aren't some artifact of usenet; they are a (...) (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The meaning of Christmas (was Re: Christmas Train update

(...) Could you expand on that first sentence? If you meant to say that it is impossible to prove by logic the existence or nonexistence of gods, then many (1) theists would surely agree, but if you mean that it has been proven that gods do not or (...) (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The meaning of Christmas (was Re: Christmas Train update

(...) yes well, there's plenty of promo sets nobody knows anything about - who says the silver Metroliners weren't a promo available just in northern alaska from Exxon tank stations for those clients buying over 1 million barrels of oil? Jasper (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact