 Off-Topic / Debate / *12656 (-20)
  Re: Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them

(...) Acknowledging that you don't have the answer is a start. Acknowledging that your ideology may not be the only right one is the next step. Demonstrating the willingness to understand someone else's position follows that. Then you might just (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) You're gerrymandering the facts, either deliberately or otherwise. The attack on US soil was itself an act or war, and if bin Laden is indeed responsible, he himself declared war on the US long ago. If the US responds to his declaration by (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) D0 you actually have a plan, a suggested approach? I must have missed it. Or are you just spewing hate, as usual? ++Lar (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) Okay. But what part of the fact that they are willing to die for their cause didn't you get? Did you have some other worse punishment in mind? Tuesday's events were not brought on by a few moments passion -- but rather by the dreadful (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) Bin Laden was trained by the CIA to fight the Soviets. At the time, he probably thought the USA was supporting his ideology, rather than simply persuing its own anti-communist one. USA suport then rapidly disappeared. He was then witness to (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We don't live in America, America lives in US!

(...) Bull. You are trolling for debates...and if you want to debate 200 year old history and claim correlation to the events of 9/11, fine...you'll get your wish... (This'll likely get into jingoistic retoric according to most...so what? I'm quite (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Peace! (was Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy)

Dave: I think some of you may be confusing "give peace a chance" with doing absolutely nothing and taking it on the chin. I am not advocating that at all. I absolutely think it's time we take a long hard look at the air transportation industry and (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) I agree that terrorists are made, but what exactly makes them? You claim they have perceived injustices against them. I keep hearing them referring to us as devils. We buy their products, offer aid, preach peace and still find terrorists (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GJM51s.HFz@lugnet.com... (...) Larry, where do you fundamentally disagree with me on many levels? When have we had disagreements? I hope you were not reading my earlier reply as my (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) Obviously... (...) Much of this sounds like jibber jabber. As for preparing out children for future attacks I think we need to prepare them for the fact that this is a reality in the world and we are going to fight it. That means more people (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) Same here, Dan. As a student of history, I've always said two things-History always repeats itself and a limited war is a lost cause. Why is Israel having problems with terrorist activities? Because they won't deal with the problem. The keep (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) I'll admit it. I was tired. I'll assume that it was close to 3am when I posted it. I know it was later than 10pm. And by 'Take them all down', I am referring to terrorists, not Muslims. (...) My solution is no more radical then that which was (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) Let's see...1993-attempted bombing of WTC. Our Response: give peace a chance. 1999-twin bombing of US Embassys in Africs Our response: give peace a chance. 2000-The wanton destruction of the USS Cole Our Response: give peace a chance. (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) Nope. Just saying what I feel right now. Absurd is hijacking jets with the intent to run them into office buildings. My response is certainly not absurd in light of this act. (...) Not at all. It's more like 'no misguided Aryans=no Aryan (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terrorist Attacks on America

(...) Because those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. thanks, James (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) you can have you opinion, I can have mine. (...) and that's a terrible thing. However, I hate to ask, why were women and children in a terrorist command post? The only reason I can think of is that the terrorists are trying to hide behind a (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terrorist Attacks on America

(...) I think it's a day all Americans would like to forget, why keep a grim reminder? (...) It's your soul, do as you please. (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them

(...) I know what you're saying but I find little comfort in our government's statements, filled with machismo and bravado, yet thin on addressing the core of the issue. We'll send an even worse signal by resorting to war and saying "America will do (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them

(...) I understand. All I can say is there is a cycle of violence between the Israelis and Palestinians and it is false to assume that it stems solely from violent acts on the part of the Palestinians. Israel is the invader and occupier, that's just (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) Well they need to be more limited. (...) ...and kill some women and children (...) So you think South Africa should have murdered the ANC, not do a deal with them? (...) Well what good is your inpute? Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact