 Off-Topic / Debate / 12640
Re: Terrorist Attacks on America
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 18:33:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:
I think Ebay should ban it for good and if they don't I'm never buying there
again. I think it's just plain sick! Any person wishing to buy, sell, trade
and/or somehow turn a profit from debris soaked with the blood of their
countrymen is worthless scum in my opinion.

OK, I think excessive profiteering is a bit despicable, yes. But ponder this.

I would like to have a small piece of the WTC because I want a tangible
reminder of this tragedy, something to spark discussion with my kids or
grandkids, and don't ever want to forget that horrid day.

I think it's a day all Americans would like to forget, why keep a grim reminder?

I'm willing to pay someone a reasonable price for the trouble of shipping it
to me. Does that make me scum for offering to pay their expense? Does it
make them scum for accepting instead of doing it for free?

It's your soul, do as you please.