 Off-Topic / Debate / *12561 (-20)
  Re: Plane crash in New York?

It is utterly frustrating to read opinions that I strongly disagree with, and not to be allowed to explain and evolve my point of view. /Tore (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terrorist Attacks on America

(...) Somebody already mentioned this (maybe one of the Gerber news posts), eBay has banned all WTC and Pentagon related auctions until at least October. -Rob. (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terrorist Attacks on America

(...) I hope eBay does something about this upright standing person's feedback, but they probably won't. After all, they must pander to the sellers (even if they are doing the right thing by canceling the auctions). Let us pray that eBay will find (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) I understand, Lindsay :) I speak from the heart and I am outraged by all of this! But, in my heart and mind, I cannot help but think the blame is two-fold and things don't just happen out of the blue, though I deplore such hatred and (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Plane crash in New York?

There is no way to break the circle of violence short of annihilating the fanatics. Ignoring them and not fighting back does not seem to slow their attacks down at all. If NOT fighting them doesn't stop their attacks (as has been shown to date), (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terrorist Attacks on America

(...) After reading his stuff I checked on the auctions of a few of these disgusting, opportunistic profiteers. Happily, a great many of them, found under a search of "World Trade Center", appear to have been canceled or withdrawn. Dave! (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terrorist Attacks on America

How can any American, or even decent human being, cash in on the deaths of his fellow man?! I feel sick to my stomach. How can anyone conceive of selling fragments of the WTC as "memorabillia" when it's soaked with the blood of the murdered?!!!!! (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) The Syrian, Egyptian and Saudi Arabian broadcast news made note that portions of the footage shown on American TV were actually unrelated to the attacks. You must take everything with a grain of salt. I don't doubt that there were Palestinians (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terrorist Attacks on America

(...) Check this guy out (especially go look at feedback he's left): (URL) I emailed him and he's a rather nice guy, just a very angry one. At least he's got the courage of his convictions. best LFB XFUT-> .debate, just in case (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Plane crash in New York?

TAKE THIS OUT OF .GENERAL! PLEASE! if you want to snarl at each other, do it in .debate where it belongs Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Lego auctions: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths: (URL) Lego Web (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) Well said, although I can't agree with the timing of bringing up the last two paragraphs--it's still far too emotional a time to start dragging the political roots of terrorism into it. But I agree 100% with the first part of this *and* its (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) This whole letter strikes me as a political letter. I disagree with so many points that I think I must cool off before replying. I think the whole political debate is unappropriate at this hour and (as was commented to me before) is (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) I didn't actually hear anyone advocate attacking civilians. I guess I only assume when various gov officials say war, they mean war on terror, on the terrorists. I may be wrong, of course... (...) if any group would to claim responsibility for (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  War

Let me just say that we, as Americans, should not be so sheepish to jump on the war bandwagon. War against whom? How in Heaven's name will killing other civilians ever make things better in the world? That is not justice, that is revenge and no one (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Plane crash in New York?

In lugnet.general, Scott Arthur writes: <snip> (...) A reasonable person would have to ask, how would this question had been perceived if it had been directed to whoever perpetrated yesterdays events before they happened. Either they were commiting (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Plane crash in New York?

(...) This assumes that some will be allowed to "follow." (...) I agree to a point. If you're willing to rule out mass murder as an option, then you are spot on. Your whole point about disconnecting religion (religion shared by many) from these (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Plane crash in New York?

In lugnet.general, Scott Arthur writes: <snip> (...) This is great but how do you suggest we "tackle the philosophical legitimacy" of whomever did this? And how do you suggest we ensure that events such as these never happen again without all out (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Plane crash in New York?

(...) If the USA acts with the brutality that many seem to expect/want more martyrs will be created and the events of yesterday may well be repeated at some point in the future by those who follow. Only tackling the apparent philosophical legitimacy (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Plane crash in New York?

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:GJK1F4.7tD@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) prevent (...) with (...) terrorism (...) the (...) die. (...) war to (...) you (...) of us (...) the US (...) it (...) and it (...) (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Plane crash in New York?

(...) How do you strike back "morally"? Obviously people like this are not going to just give up. (...) Make no mistake, this is war. The only way to deal with terrorists is with terror. That may seem harsh but if we want to do something against (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact