 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 882 (-20)
  Re: Diablock: D3-Gigantis!

In case you guys hadnt seen it the catalog page is here: (URL) stuff..hehe (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Diablock: D3-Gigantis!

We can only hope that TLC is aware of this and also aware of the popularity of mecha. Right now they seem to be two years behind the times with the Pokemon-ish Bionicle-collect-the...g-machine. Dang it. ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Diablock: D3-Gigantis!

Diablock posted instructions on their website for a gestalt mecha you can build from their "DiaDroids" line: (URL) can also see pics of the "crystal" versions of the DiaDroids line (same sets, but with trans-colored bricks) at DiaBlocks main (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Dear Ritvik/Mega Bloks

Dear Ritvik/Mega Bloks: Here is my Mega Bloks wish list... 1) More translucent elements! Especially the more common elements like 1x1 cylinders, 2x2 cylinders (of which I SHOULD have recieved 16 of in set 9341 Scuba Team and for which I can provide (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  New ProBuilder sets

Still no word on the website about the potentially forthcoming Whitehouse kit, nor on the Construction Equipment set, but there are a few new ProBuilder kits on the page: (URL) US (URL) US (URL) US Part of the flash site also includes a few small (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Not Lego (TENTE, and Betta-build)

(...) Hmmm. Compatible? Well, put it this way - Lego is more compatible, more easily available, and does not need to be shipped halfway across the World! They fit with Lego, but not well. Too tight or too loose, depending on which is on top, and (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Not Lego (TENTE, and Betta-build)

(...) Actually, I was wondering more about Betta-Build. I got four or five Tente 2x4 bricks in a recent eBay lot, and I was surprised to learn that the brick dimensions are so similar to, and yet so incompatible with, LEGO. Dave! (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Not Lego (TENTE, and Betta-build)

(...) TENTE is not LEGO-compatible. The principles are much the same, and the outside brick dimensions are comparable, but the stud size (diameter, with open centres) is all different. Someone around here was specifically looking for TENTE, as I (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Not Lego (TENTE, and Betta-build)

(...) Are these at all compatible with LEGO? If so, I'd be interested, and I'd certainly pay postage. Dave! (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Not Lego (TENTE, and Betta-build)

I have some non-Lego - the brand-name is TENTE - which I found in a couple of recent tubs of second-hnad Lego. The bits - a few bricks and plates, and some "special" bits (1 helicopter ski, half a dozen plane wings) - don't fit Lego. Does anyone (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock Castles Review

(...) In the U.S. you can find pink Best-Lock castle sets in K-Mart stores. I bought a large space set or two once, but returned one of them. The set had a red cone I wanted... I am very "clone positive" but I have to have a certain quality level (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock Castles Review

(...) I might actually try picking up a military set or two (I've seen some at nicely discounted prices, even for Best-Lock) just for the pieces (don't ask why-- you don't want to know) (...) Could be because they've either changed their production (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock Castles Review

(...) **snip of a nicely thorough review** (...) I've only bought the military sets, since they--along with construction sets--are all I find on stores' shelves. Your comments are generally consistent with my observations, as well. I haven't run (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Best-Lock Castles Review

Well, I just got my first purchase of Best-Lock bricks in the mail yesterday-- I had been searching for their castles in stores (where I had seen other Best-Lock stock) to no avail, so I finally I just ordered them online. The stats: Kingston Castle (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  clone sets on auction (tyco, mega blok)

Posting here because there clone-fans may be interested tyco blocks construction bucket (URL) blocks black knight's castle (URL) bloks battleship (URL) bloks griffon's hideout (URL) bloks battle wagon (URL) g (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New Xtreme Sports sets by MegaBloks

(...) Regretably, these do indeed appear to be decals. Bummer. Dave! (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Hamleys own lego clone

There were 4 different small clone sets with their "Co-op 99" tea IIRC, the middle of last year. (URL) refers. (UK Only: I always find that the flake keeps melting with this brand of tea though) Regards, Phil. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Huw (...) (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Hamleys own lego clone

"Phil Traviss" <philt@castleton-comms.co.uk> wrote in message news:019201c0c737$a4...s.co.uk... (...) at (...) While in Devon last week, I noticed in the local Co-Op that there appeared to be an offer with a make of tea bags (possibly Tetley) (...) (23 years ago, 22-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.loc.uk)

  New Xtreme Sports sets by MegaBloks

Even though neither (URL) nor the catalog that came in the box indicated the set I bought, I found a few releases from the Xtreme Sports line that look interesting. The set I picked up (9163) is a sort of heavy-duty 4WD-style vehicle with a small (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Hamleys own lego clone

(...) Yet another reason, if more were needed, not to patronise either of these two companies. Psi (23 years ago, 17-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.loc.uk)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact